With cheers, applause and a ringing cowbell, Brookhaven officially became DeKalb County's largest city at 12:01 am Monday, Dec. 17, 2012.
Patch was live throughout the evening and early morning with coverage of the Brookhaven City Council meetings. One meeting was held at 10 pm on Sunday night, and the other convened at 12:01 am Monday morning. You can replay our live streaming coverage of both meetings above this article.
Some highlights of the meetings:
- All of the items during both of the council's meetings were approved. Agendas for both meetings are attached to this article.
- The Cross Keys High School Honor Guard presented the U.S. flag for the pledge of allegiance during as one of the city's first official presentations.
- District 1 City Councilwoman Rebecca Chase Williams was elected mayor pro tempore.
- A ribbon cutting for the city's temporary offices will be held on Monday at 2 pm.
- The next meeting of the council is set for Wednesday, Dec. 19, at 7 pm, again at St. Martin's Episcopal School.