Camp Sunshine's 30th annual summer camp for children with cancer begins on June 17 and will continue through June 28. More than 400 campers, ages 7-18, from across Georgia will join more than 200 volunteers during the two weeks for activities such as horseback riding, archery, fishing, boating, art, music and much more. Summer camp is held at Camp Twin Lakes-Rutledge.
Camp Sunshine’s legacy by the numbers:
- More than 62 percent of Camp Sunshine's volunteers have been coming for 10 years or more.
- About 31 percent of the camp's counselors are childhood cancer survivors and/or former campers.
- Four camp staff members have been at camp all 30 years.
- More than 30 senior campers will be graduating this year.
- Ten Leaders In Training – former campers who participate in our leadership program – will join us for Junior Week.
Other summer camp highlights include a visit each week by the University of Georgia Bulldogs football team, visits from Spa Sydell and Patty Burns Salon for makeovers and massages, and a carnival featuring games, face painting and inflatables donated by American Family Day.