The nominating panel that Gov. Nathan Deal assembled will begin immediately accepting applications for candidates to fill the seats of suspended members of the DeKalb County Board of Education.
Those seats include District 9, which covers parts of the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area. It is represented by Gene Walker until a federal judge rules on the case.
Applicants should send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Legal name, contact information and home address
- District seat for which one is applying
- Resume, CV and/or brief biography
- Statement of interest
The panel will accept applications until March 6 at 5 p.m.
Here is previous coverage of the issue in North Druid Hills-Briarcliff Patch:
- Johnson, McMahan, Orson Issue Statement
- Governor is Wrong to Suspend the DeKalb School Board
- Gov. Deal Suspends Six DeKalb School Board Members
- Judge Grants Restraining Order Against Suspension of DeKalb School Board
- School Board Files Emergency Motion to Stop Possible Suspension
- State Board of Education Recommends Removal of Six DeKalb Members
- Walker Resigns. A Step in the Right Direction?