Police: Local Shops Sold Alcohol to Underage Customers
Six shops in the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area were cited in a recent DeKalb County police initiative to crack down on the sale of alcohol to underage customers.
Last week, we posted a brief report about a large number of arrests DeKalb County police made after busting gas stations and liquor stores caught selling alcohol to underage customers around the county.
We followed up last week with a records request to see which stores, if any, are in the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area. As it turns out, some are.
Here are the establishments in our community where arrests occurred:
- Shell, 2690 Shallowford Rd., sold 24-oz. Four Loko
- Supermercado el Latino, 2714 Shallowford Rd., sold 24-oz. Bud Light Lime
- Shell, 2609 Shallowford Rd., sold a pack of Marlboro cigarettes
- Shell, 2794 Clairmont Rd., sold 24-oz. Four Loko
- Shell, 4113 Lavista Rd., sold 24-oz Bud Ice
- Citgo, 2605 Lawrenceville Highway, sold 24-oz. Bud Light
For the record, the large majority of shops in the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area that were tested did not sell alcohol to a minor.
Between May 19 and May 26, more than 150 liquor stores and gas stations in unincorporated DeKalb County were checked for compliance. Forty-seven people were found in violation, arrested and charged with furnishing alcohol to minors.