The Week in Review
The top five stories in North Druid Hills-Briarcliff Patch over the last week.
- Toco Hill CVS Robbed at Gunpoint – Again: Most alarming crime story in some time. Due partially to the fact that I go to this pharmacy late at night fairly frequently. I shudder a bit at the thought of being in there when something like this went down.
- State Names Lakeside High AP Honors School: Great if not entirely unsurprising news about Lakeside High School. A large portion of people who read this site probably live here because of the school's positive reputation.
- Rader Criticizes Redistricting Process in Budget Talk: An important, ongoing story.
- $2.5 Million Gift Endows New Baptist Leadership Center at Mercer: This probably won't have a direct influence on the vast majority of our readers, but it's a big gift to create something in our community that wasn't here before. Certainly worth knowing about.
- Kevin Smith Event at Eagle Eye Book Shop Next Month Canceled: What a disappointment. Eagle Eye Book Shop was expecting this event to be its biggest in the store's history. It would have been cool. Patch would have covered the heck out of it. (We rep Chasing Amy all the time. One of the most original romantic comedies of the last 25 years.) But Kevin Smith is an appearance junkie. I imagine he'll come to the Atlanta area some time soon.