The Week in Review
The top five stories from the previous week in North Druid Hills-Briarcliff Patch.
- Toco Hill Wendy's Restaurant Robbed at Gunpoint: Not a super-strong news week in the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area, and, unfortunately, it's all mostly bad news. Restaurants are rarely the targets of robbery (unless you're a cast member in Pulp Fiction) so, this crime was a little surprising.
- School Calendar to Stop Summer Brain Drain?: I've covered school districts all over the Southeast, and the calendar issue is always a hot one. I covered a school district once that brought in an interim superintendent once just so they could institute a new calendar without harming a head executive who would be there permanently.
- Men Robbed Outside Executive Park Hotel at Gunpoint: This is the second or third serious crime that's occurred in the Executive Park area of North Druid Hills in about a year.
- Rash of Auto Thefts Reported in Medlock: Simple story. Good to keep in mind. Auto theft and auto break-ins are a serious problem all over our community.
- Man Encounters Intruder in Home at Night: Nothing was stolen, but this is rare and obviously dangerous.