The Week in Review
The top five stories from the previous week in North Druid Hills-Briarcliff Patch.
- MARTA Approves $1.16 Billion Clifton Corridor Light Rail Project: This vote was pretty much expected, but it's a good landmark story. If everything goes to plan, it could change the area a great deal. But who knows for sure? We also polled you guys about whether you'd use the light rail, and the results weren't overwhelming.
- How Do You Feel About Proposed County School Calendar Changes?: Not a community-level local story, but something that's captured the attention of parents here.
- Video Preview: A Film About The International Community School: A peek at the school that will open in Medlock in the fall inside the now-defunct Medlock Elementary School.
- Walker Sticks to Position on Cell Phone Tower Issue: Not a surprising development, but good to know where a local official stands on all this, particularly the school board chairman. We'll continue to follow this cell phone towers issue until it reaches its logical conclusion (which we're thinking is going to be some sort of compromise situation... ).
- Northlake Mall Announces Several New Stores: Northlake Mall has taken a lot of flack from readers on this site for having a dearth of stores that interest them. What do you think about the new additions? They're admittedly small, but...