The Week in Review
The top five stories from the previous week in North Druid Hills-Briarcliff Patch.
- Merry Hills Homeowner Confronts Burglars in the Act: Confrontations like this seem like they might be on the rise. Be careful. Burglaries in certain communities in the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area – Medlock Park, Toco Hill, Merry Hills, for instance – appear to have become somewhat normal.
- UPDATE: Man Robbed at Gunpoint Outside Northlake Mall: The mall disputes where this robbery took place. I've been in touch with DeKalb County police, and they said they'd contact me if they intended to make any changes to the report. But, as it stands right now, the report says this robbery occurred on Northlake Mall property. If that turns out not to be true, I will update the story once again and run a correction. Regardless, not a fun story for Northlake residents or anyone who shops here.
- Briarcliff Charter School to Go Before State Board Wednesday: More on this story to come this week.
- Sprig Owners Eyeing Second Restaurant Location in Old Town Lilburn: Good story written by one of our fellow Patch sites. Check it out. And good luck to Sprig.
- Henderson Middle Students Nominate Teacher for National Award: If you know this guy, read the quick story, and click on the link to the awards site.