(ATLANTA, GA) August 2, 2013 — Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG), a global leader in retail real estate, is holding a special celebration to help young students and parents across the country ‘make the grade’ even before the school year begins. Families are invited to score an “A+” in preparedness and entertainment with Simon Kidgits Club®’s annual Back-to-School event at two Georgia malls:
· Town Center at Cobb on Saturday, August 3 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· Northlake Mall on Saturday, August 3 from 2:00 p.m. to5:00 p.m.
Simon Kidgits Club’s Back-to-School event will feature a variety of interactive activities for children and valuable offers for adults, all designed to make transitioning into academic routines a little easier.
· Infusing some fun: To incorporate excitement into getting back to the classroom, kids will have the opportunity to participate in seasonal-inspired craft-making activities and games, including coloring and music from DJ Steve at Town Center at Cobb and music and school trivia at Northlake Mall.
· Introducing what’s hot: Before hitting the books, families can explore the latest clothing, accessory and toy trends from retailers at Town Center at Cobb and Northlake Mall.
· Sharing savvy ways to save: Event attendees will have the chance to win prizes and giveaways and tackle their back to school shopping lists with exclusive retailer coupons.
· Town Center at Cobb will also be collecting Back to School supplies for charity. Everyone is encouraged to bring items for the donation, and those who do will receive a special prize (while supplies last).
Children will also participate in fun celebrating the home release of ‘EPIC’ at the Simon Kidgits Club Back-to-School event at Town Center at Cobb and Northlake Mall. From the creators of ‘Ice Age,’ the year’s funniest, most exhilarating animated adventure comes home as EPIC debuts on Deluxe Edition Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD this August 20 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Directed by Chris Wedge and featuring an amazing voice cast including Colin Farrell, Amanda Seyfried, Christoph Waltz, Jason Sudeikis, Steven Tyler, Pitbull, and Beyonce, the blockbuster film comes home just in time to help families become one with nature and end the summer in Epic style.
Kidgits Club members will engage with EPIC by:
● Viewing Area
● Decorating their own bug jar!
● Creating their own garden stake!
● Completing coloring and activity sheets.
● Receiving a movie mini poster (while supplies last).
“At Simon® malls, we know the back-to-school experience means more to families than simply purchasing must-have supplies,” said Shelly Weidner, director of marketing and business development at Town Center at Cobb. “We’re hosting our annual Back-to-School event to encourage parents and kids to connect with each other, enjoy a final moment of summer fun at their favorite Simon mall, and are ready to take on a new school year.”
The Simon Kidgits Club is a fun and informative program that focuses on health, wellness, education, safety and entertainment for children ages 3-8. Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2013, the Simon Kidgits Club has kept children and parents alike amused for a decade with various events and activities while providing incentives for club members, such as special offers, rewards and games.
For more information about the Simon Kidgits Club and Back-to-School events, visit www.simon.com/kidgits. For the latest updates on the Back-to-School event at Town Center at Cobb and Northlake Mall, visit their corresponding Facebook event pages:
· Town Center at Cobb: http://on.fb.me/15xJBEn
· Northlake Mall: http://on.fb.me/12jP6E4