- School Board Files Emergency Motion to Stop Possible Suspension: Ay yi yi. We've obviously written a bunch about this whole fiasco, and I'm sure you've been following the story. Regardless, easily the biggest story of the past week.
- Thurmond: Voters Partially Responsible for School Board Strife: This was kind of a fun meeting to cover. I know people are upset, but still. It was so good, I didn't have room to include the fact that Thurmond compared himself to Frodo in The Lord of the Rings. I'm not even joking.
- FBI: Northlake Bank Robbery Part of Metro Crime Spree: Another bank robbery spree has a local connection. I don't understand why anyone robs banks without a mask on. But all of these guys are never wearing masks. I don't know much about bank robbery, but when the fictional characters from Point Break seem more intelligent than you, it's like you're inviting the police to catch you. Which is fine. It's easier for the police, I suppose.
- Walker Resigns. A Step in the Right Direction?: Eugene Walker wasn't necessarily a local presence, but he technically represented us and he did so for quite some time. A big story obviously.
- Oak Grove Festival Coming in May: It's about time Oak Grove had some sort of event what with all the cool restaurants and shops over there.