Halloween is only days away. Is your family ready? AT&T has compiled a list of Halloween apps that will help keep the evening safe and fun for your whole crew. From keeping track of your little ghosts and goblins on Halloween night, to costume searches and pumpkin carving, AT&T has some tricks to make Halloween a treat.
· Track-O-Lantern (Android, $1.99) – This app lets you monitor your child’s phone from your home computer. The parent needs to download the free Track-O-Lantern reader on his/her wireless device, PC or Mac. The free reader for the Track-o-Lantern Halloween child tracker works as a map. Install on the parent’s phone, log in with credentials from the child’s phone, and you’re up and monitoring. Displays history and current location.
· Hazy Dell (iOS, $1.99) is a clever and fun ebook about what happens when the Cyclops Witch, the Willowy Reaper, the Prune-Skinned Goon, and other creepy creatures wander out from the wooded outskirts of town and into the sleepy confines of Hazy Dell.
· Life360 App: (Android and iOS, Free) - This location app allows family members to alert one another when they’ve arrived at a destination. It also allows family members to follow each other’s movements with minute-by-minute updates and real-time check-ins with the tap of a button. The app also lets you view safety points and threats that may be nearby.
· Scary Ringtones (Android, Free): An aptly-named application that includes 42 free ringtones which help create a spooky customization of your phone.
· FBI Child ID App: The free app provides you with a convenient location to electronically store photos and vital information about your children, like height, weight, and photos, so that it’s immediately available if you need it. The app also includes tips on keeping children safe and tells you what to do in the first few hours after your child goes missing.
· Treat Street (iOS, $0.99) is a fun way to introduce tots to the concept of trick-or-treating. The game begins with choosing a costume, and once costumed, the character proceeds on to Treat Street, where they knock on doors to receive a candy deposit.Carve-a-Pumpkin (iOS, Free): A great free app from Parents magazine that allows kiddos to be creative and “carve” their own jack-o-lanterns.