, and received $1,500 grants from Kroger, the national grocer said Wednesday.
The grants are part of Kroger's Earning Plus Learning program, which evalutes how well a school promoted healthy living in their school during the 2011-12 school year.
Other Atlanta-area schools receiving grants include:
$1,500 grant winners:
- Beecher Hills Elementary in Atlanta
- F.L. Stanton Elementary in Atlanta
- Hapeville Charter Middle in Hapeville
- R.N. Fickett Elementary in Atlanta
$1,000 grant winners:
- Brookview Elementary in East Point
- Walter F. White Elementary in Atlanta
The Earning Plus Learning entries took the form of scrapbooks, photos, videos, essays, news clippings and more. All entries were reviewed by a panel of judges comprised of local and regional community leaders and the Kroger Community Involvement Team.
Throughout the Kroger's Atlanta division, 63 elementary and middle schools will receive a total of $146,950 in grants for the program.