Laurel Ridge Elementary School
Laurel Ridge Elementary School is part of the DeKalb County School System. The school, located in the leafy North Druid Woods neighborhood off North Druid Hills Road, serves students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade. The school opened in 1958. It feeds into Shamrock Middle School and Druid Hills High School.
Laurel Ridge Elementary also partners with three community businesses: Chick-fil-A in North DeKalb Mall, Kroger grocery store on DeKalb Industrial Way and Publix grocery store in Shamrock Plaza.
- Fax: 678-874-6910
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: The school is easily accessible from the sidewalk
- Founding Date: 1958
- Number of students: 347
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 32
- Grade levels: Pre-K through fifth grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Spanish tutoring, soccer